Look, it’s breakfast that tastes like pizza!! Say, whaaaa?
I know what you’re thinking? Eggs? Yes, today I tried to add some eggs into my meal plan. As I said the other day, I am slowly adding things back in when I find I crave them. Meat just isn’t something I have craved since the Reset so it hasn’t come back in. Eggs, however, are a different story so today I decided to try out a new recipe.
It was yummy, super filling and easy to make. This is a great recipe for Saturday morning brunch and I think even the kids will try it out and love it!
Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomato (yields 2 servings)
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup tomato sauce (make sure it’s natural with no sugar added)
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup cheese or dairy-free alternative (I used TJ’s almond cheese which is awesome BTW)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof pan (stainless steel and cast iron are your best bets) over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add spinach, salt and pepper and garlic powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Make 4 holes in the spinach. This is where you will place the eggs.
- Crack 1 egg into each opening in the spinach mixture.
- Spread tomato sauce throughout the spinach mixture (it’s OK if it gets on the eggs too). Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked through to your liking (if you prefer them a little runny, check them earlier)