This is a picture of a buffalo. And a chicken. And some mini meatballs. Put them together and you get a picture of buffalo chicken mini meatballs. I would have just put a picture of the meatballs themselves except I didn’t take any before bringing them to Designer Bag Bingo last Friday (more on that in a minute) and they were devoured so nothing to show for it afterwards.
Let’s shift gears for a minute: I bet you are wondering what Designer Bag Bingo is. Do yourself a favor and google it, find your nearest one and get there fast. I went with friends and it was a ton of fun. It’s BYO so we all contributed some food and these mini meatballs were part of my contribution. They were easy to make and are full of fiber from the coconut flour in them and full of flavor from the sauce. Enjoy!
Buffalo chicken mini meatballs
1 lbs ground chicken breast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1 tsp organic butter (from grass-fed cows)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients for the meatballs except the coconut flour and mix well (you’ll get the most even mix if you use your hands).
3. Roll meatball mixture into little balls and roll in the coconut flour to help keep their shape (they will be very moist). Then place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Cook for 15 minutes at 350 and then turn on the broiler and broil for 5 minutes more. Cover loosely with foil and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. While the meatballs are cooking, combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small pan over medium heat and cook until the butter is melted and mixed into the hot sauce.
6. Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish (or use a crockpot to keep warm at a party) and cover with the buffalo sauce.